Load Cell Calibration System
Home › Load Cell Calibration System
Load Cell Calibration System
The Humanetics load cell calibration system is a turnkey package that allows you to calibrate your load cells in accordance with SAE J211 (Instrumentation for Impact Test—Part 1—Electronic Instrumentation) and SAE J2570 (Performance Specifications for Anthropomorphic Test Device Transducers). It is the same software we, the manufacturer, use at our A2LA certified laboratory. The system is composed of three primary components: software, a load frame, and data acquisition electronics. Our software package comes preloaded with calibration settings for all of the load cells we manufacture and many of our competitors products. Using our calibration fixtures (sold separately) you can quickly calibrate load cells and printout a calibration sheet.
- Load frame (capacities available from 1klbf to 200klbf)
- Heavy duty load cell loading table with slippery plate to prevent shear load during calibration
- Golden standard load cells (ranging in capacity from 500lbf to 200klbf) with an accuracy of 0.02%, traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Rubber bushing for over-loading protection of the calibration system
- Computer with laser and label printers
- 16 bit Data acquisition system with 8 channels (expandable to 16)
- Custom cable connections available
- Built in shunt calibration, high performance bridge, and excitation power supply
- Dallas ID Chip Address Reading
- Seven (7) shunt resistors of 0.01% accuracy for each channel, to shunt each arm of the bridge
- Precision load cell simulator used to calibrate entire amplifier system, traceable to NIST
- USB Temperature / Humidity monitoring device for automatic entry into software
- Easily calibrate load cell using predefined calibration configurations
- Print calibration report including offset, sensitivity, output at capacity, polarity, hysteresis, nonlinearity, crosstalk and shunt simulation output matrix.
- Create DTS SIF Files
- Read and program Dallas ID Chips
- Calibration tooling/fixtures for each load cell model
- Plexiglas safety shield
Load Cell Calibration Services
- A2LA Certified laboratory
- Calibration available up to 1000 KN or 220 klbf
- Interface Golden Standard reference transducer with a ASME E74 calibration procedure and its traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The Golden Standard load cell has accuracy (static error bond) of 0.02%.
- Calibration report including offset, sensitivity, output at capacity, polarity, hysteresis, nonlinearity, crosstalk and shunt simulation output matrix.
- Complete transducer repair and re-calibration services are available for Humanetics transducers as well as other manufacturers
Load Cell Terminology
Axial Load - A load applied along a line concentric with the primary axis.
Calibration - The comparison of load cell outputs against standard test loads
Cross Talk - The effect on the reading of an unloaded transducer axis when a load equal to the full-scale capacity of a secondary axis is applied to that secondary axis. Expressed as a percentage of full-scale capacity of the unloaded axis.
Excitation - The voltage applied to the input terminals of the load cell.
Hysteresis - The maximum difference between the load cell output readings for the some applied load; one reading obtained by increasing the load from zero and the other by decreasing the load from rated load. Expressed in percent of rated output.
Non-linearity - The maximum deviation of the calibration curve from a straight line drawn between the no load and rated load outputs, expressed as a percentage of the rated load and measured increasing load only.
Output @ Capacity - The algebraic difference between the signal at no-load and the signal at rated load.
Shunt Calibration - Electrical simulation of load cell output using known shunt resistors between appropriate points with the circuitry.
Terminal Line - A theoretical straight line connecting a transducer zero load reading and its full scale reading. Refer to Figure 1 for graphical representation. NOTE: The ISO committee refers to this as “Sensitivity Coefficient”.
Zero Balance or Offset - The output signal of the load cell with rated excitation and with no-load applied, usually expressed as a percentage of full scale (FS).
- Crash Test Dummies
- Frontal Impact
- Side Impact
- Rear Impact
- Aerospace & Military
- Specialty Products
- Engineer to Order
- iCrash Technology
- OccuForm Hard Shell
- FMH Positioning Tool
- H-Point Machine
- Virtual Models
- Test Equipment Matrix
- A tool used to determine Test Equipment model numbers for each dummy type and location...
- Load Cell Matrix
- A tool used to determine Load Cell model numbers for each dummy type and location...