6 Year Old Pedestrian
- Humanetics - AHB-001
The 6 Year Old Pedestrian Dummy is a combination of the head, neck, upper torso, and lumbar spine of the H3-6 Year Old Test Dummy and the sit-stand pelvis, legs and feet of the H2-6 Year Old Test Dummy. A modified H3-6 Year Old abdominal insert and specially designed adapter plates are used to join the upper and lower torso.
Non-automotive applications for this test dummy include equipment and injury potential studies of recreation vehicles, wheel chairs, medical equipment and sports gear.
The size and weight of the 6 Year Old Pedestrian Test Dummy represents an “average” of the USA adult six year old population. This dummy design incorporates the ranges of motion, centers of gravity and body part weights defined by the Society of Automotive Engineers’ anthropometric studies to simulate those of human subjects.
- Anthropomorphic one-piece cast aluminum skull and one-piece skull cap have vinyl skin. Skull cap is removable for access to head instrumentation.
- Rubber neck has anthropomorphic angle versus moment response in dynamic flexion (forward bending) and extension (rearward bending) articulations.
- Cable through axis of neck limits stretching, controls responses and increases durability. Two-piece aluminum clavicle and clavicle-link assembly has cast integral scapulae to interface with shoulder belts.
- Six spring steel ribs with polymer-based damping material approximate human chest force-deflection characteristics. Each rib comprises left and right anatomical ribs in one continuous part open at front and anchored to back of thoracic spine. Sternum assembly connects front of ribs and incorporates slider for chest deflection transducer, which is standard and measures rib cage deflection relative to spine.
- Straight lumbar spine replaces curved spine in automotive dummy allowing erect posture.
- Steel tube leg assemblies are covered with vinyl foam and vinyl skin.
- Constant friction movable joints need fewer adjustments and provide consistent flexion and extension articulations.
The following materials used in the dummy construction follow Federal Code requirements for the standard Hybrid III automotive dummy.
- Steel skeletal components with some aluminum and bronze joints
- Solid vinyl head skin and cap
- Butyl rubber neck
- Crash Test Dummies
- Frontal Impact
- Side Impact
- Rear Impact
- Aerospace & Military
- Test Equipment
- Specialty Products
- Engineer to Order
- iCrash Technology
- OccuForm Hard Shell
- FMH Positioning Tool
- H-Point Machine
- Virtual Models