Message from the President
On behalf of Humanetics, I would like to sincerely thank you for being our valued customer and for your continued support as we strive to serve you better. It is our wish to thank you and also provide an update of our company’s performance as we have done on several occasions during the past few years. At the time of our merger in 2010, we communicated to our customers worldwide and made key promises that we would accomplish certain goals. These promises included:
- Improving the financial stability of our company to ensure long-term stability for our customers;
- A commitment to re-invest back into our business to improve customer service, while continuing the development of existing and new safety products and;
- A continued commitment to the improvement of both quality & delivery.
Today, I’m very happy to report our progress related to these promises, as follows: Financial Stability In recent years, we have been able to consolidate within our facilities and standardize engineering & manufacturing systems and related processes to achieve higher efficiencies, reduce lead times and improve quality in our manufacturing operations. By partnering with our investment group, we have been able to collectively invest over $60 million back into the business. This continued investment has secured Humanetics financial stability and enables Humanetics to invest in ATD development and manufacturing as occupant safety continues to advance worldwide. No other ATD, instrumentation, or ‘crash test’ supplier has ever reinvested this level of long term financial commitment to insure continued stability for our customers.
- Re-investment in Company: As promised, Humanetics reinvested back into the business to: 1. Improve manufacturing performance, 2. Increase engineering capabilities; and 3. Improve customer service. For example, we invested over $30 million in new manufacturing equipment and capital expenditures to improve our quality, on-time delivery and reduce lead times. Humanetics has added over 188 new employees worldwide, including 43 within Engineering and Program Management, to support existing and new product development. Humanetics has invested over $7 million per year in Research & Development and Engineering of new products such as THOR and WorldSID. In total, Humanetics has invested over $35 million in the past few years for Research & Development and Engineering of new products to satisfy the advancing safety requirements of future crash safety.
- Improved Quality & Delivery: Based on recent CAPEX investments of over $6 million, Humanetics has improved quality by 39.5% and reduced delivery time by an additional 14%. Humantics introduced the Platinum Express spare parts program providing our global customers immediate shipment of the most common spare parts for our ATDs within 24 hours of ordering. Humanetics has also positioned over $2 million in common spare stock throughout our global offices worldwide. This increase in spare stock, coupled with our substantial capacity improvements, has allowed Humanetics to yield an average spare delivery of less than four weeks. In fact, many customers have recently reported spare part delivery in less than one week!
- Crash Test Dummies
- Frontal Impact
- Side Impact
- Rear Impact
- Aerospace & Military
- ATD Lead Disclosure
- Test Equipment
- Virtual Models